Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mi Na Rae @ Sri Petaling

Even after graduated from university, got a proper job, started work life and have a fixed income, still my pocket money is left not much after paying bills, utility, car loan payment and etc (do not forget savings!  An advice for y'all, always save 10%-20% of your net salary!). So, together with my lil sister, we will go hunting for cheap food around our area. 

Sri Petaling is a place where all-kinds-of-food-you-can-ever-find-in-KL or just say, it is a one stop for everything. From steamboat to desserts. From western to Japanese food. From cheap food to expensive food. From breakfast to dinner. When you have no idea where to eat, welcome to Sri Petaling!


 Mi Na Rae is one of the Korean restaurant that you can find there. Their price is affordable (from my experience) and their lunch sets are cheaper and worth the value! From range of RM 12.90 to RM 18.80 (excluding 5% service charge).



The restaurant keep a simple interior with some traditional Korean decorations. Unlike some Korean restaurant I went before, this restaurant is quite spacious and comfortable to have a meal here. One thing I really like this restaurant is, the air ventilation is good and the staff will barbecue the food at kitchen side, rather than in the dining area. So, our hair (especially girls with long hair!) won't caught the smokey smell!


The floor sitting is clean and there is a small "paper wall" (I have no idea what those called!) to separate each table, so customers won't be sitting too near to next table's customers.Yeah, first time you can notice that there is no hanging air ventilation fan at each table. I rather don't want have those things, if they can't suck well the smoke away during the barbecue time. 


 I ordered Pork Belly set which is only costs RM 18.80 (excluding the service charge). They provided me the healthy "red rice" (not the red rice from Japan which only used for special occasions). They also give me a bowl of cold soup which I think is seaweed and tofu soup.


Such a cheap price, the restaurant still give us banchan! Banchan are Korean side dishes and they can be in more than 10 types of banchan. I always like the pumpkin pancakes (the upper second one, got two pieces there), They taste sweet (I like sweet things!!) and nice. But this banchan are not refillable due to the price they offered.


Tadaaaa~~ The pork belly!! As I mentioned earlier, the restaurant provides a good ventilation and the staff barbecue the meat before they are served in front of us. The meat portion is big enough for me and they are nicely cooked. 


Since it was barbecued meat, the restaurant also give us some fresh salads. What is the fresh salads used for? We can wrap the meat in the salads and dip in the sauce to eat. This lunch set is very worthy and yet reasonable. JACKPOT! 


Another set we having is kimchi jjigae. We always have the urged to eat and taste the hot spicy kimchi stew. The stew is quite loaded with vegetables, meat and some vermicelli. Again, typing this at midnight, I'm hunger for Korean food. Too bad for me now, I currently in Alor Setar, Kedah for work purposes and I don't think here have Korean food. Haha. Never check that out.
  

Green tea green tea as usual. 


Overall, I really satisfied with the food and the environment that Mi Na Rae had offered. I will come back for it. Maybe I shall visit them when I come back from Kedah. Till then!! :)


Mi Na Rae Korea BBQ Restaurant,
39, Jalan Radin Bagus, 
Bandar Baru Sri Petaling, 
57000 Kuala Lumpur. 

Contact number: 03 9054 3973

From 11.00 am to 10.00 pm daily. Closed on every two Tuesdays every month.

xoxo,
your lil BFF


No comments:

Post a Comment